Working in Slovenia

1. Information for citiziens of European union, European economic area and Switzerland

If you are employed in Slovenia, your employer will register you with the ZZZS for compulsory health insurance. If you pursue an independent activity in Slovenia, you must register with the ZZZS. Based on such registration, you will receive a Slovenian health insurance card, which allows you to acquire medical services from medical practitioners and dentists in public health care institutions, as well as from private medical practitioners having contractual agreements with the ZZZS.

Medical services are available within the range of compulsory health insurance and in accordance with Slovenian legislation, and will be covered by the ZZZS.