Living in Slovenia

Information for citiziens of European union, European economic area and Switzerland

If you have health insurance arranged in another country while your permanent residence is in Slovenia, you may access health care services in accordance with the European Union acquis, based on the health insurance certificate issued by the competent health insurance holder in your country of origin on your own initiative or the initiative of the regional unit of the Health Insurance Institute of Slovenia where your permanent residence in Slovenia is registered.

More information at ZZZS regional units